Shaun of the Dead x Adventure Time x …a shirt
I'm Stray, or Jeff if you want to get familiar. I'm an artist, music maker, aspiring writer, goofball, geek, nerd, and dork. I design graphics for t-shirts for money.This blog is mainly for my own artwork. I also make daily confessions and daily music posts. Art posted in my blog is mine unless otherwise noted.
Other places you can find me on the internet:facebook
Rowsdower saves us! And saves all the world!
Also available on different colors, and as phone cases and art prints.
Get 20% off by using the code FREERIDES at checkout.
work in progress
had this idea for a t-shirt for a long time and finally getting around to it.
Any MST3K fans following me?
WIP thing for my comedian friend Ify. He’s a comic book nerd so what better way to honor him than by doing an homage to the most infamous comic book artist of all times?
Will be adding a thousand more pouches and some straps and guns and swords and more muscles.
eyyyyy you want to pay me to draw somethin? Cause I am definitely into that.
Yo. More commissions please.
Still paying off this vet bill. Need $150 by the 20th, so still doin commissions (whilst finishing the last couple I have).
Yo, FYI, you can get this design on a shirt, or a phone case. Going to be making some of my other designs available as phone cases too shortly. So if that’s a thing you are into… cool.
Was just going through my art folder and saw these process jpegs of this piece and thought it’d maybe make a good gif. This probably isn’t all that educational, but if you’re curious I’ll talk about each step in the gif…
1) a sketch, it’s simple but I tried a lot of different poses and drew and erased and redrew a lot before I arrived at this. Goin for a casual fashion pose.
2) thought the glasses looked dumb and ditched them, refined the sketch
3) tweaked the expression and added detail
4) flat colors
5) okay I did a lot here and it’s too convoluted to break down, haha, gradients, textures, overlays, shading, etc. Typically my coloring process is a little loosey goosey if I’m being honest. I experiment a lot and try different things and see what clicks.
6) little bit of color adjustment, and I added a simple background, and some probably not great typography.
and that’s all she wrote!
Oh, before I forget, this character is my take on Redmond J Fox in my own style http://redmondjfox.tumblr.com/